The Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP) was established along with the other provincial nominee programs of Canadian states. It enjoys the status of being one of the most popular PNPs in Canada. The application and immigration selection process of AINP is similar to that of other PNPs in the sense that it relies heavily on the federal Express Entry program to nominate potential candidates for immigration.
The Alberta Immigration authority is the largest immigration body in the province and deals exclusively with the entry of foreign immigrants with PR visa into the state. Applicants looking to move to Canada will have to go through the given channels available to potential immigrants in order to successfully apply for immigration.
Alberta PNP Rule Changes 2019
Alberta as recently changed its rules pertaining to immigration application with dependants. The minimum age for being considered under the dependant/children category has been changed to below 22 years of age. Earlier, the age limit has been 19 years. This change is applicable for all applications received on or after 24th of October, 2017. This move has been well received by the international immigrant community and mark the first of several upcoming changes in the national Canadian immigration policy which lays emphasis of community building and allowing immigrants to move to Canada with their families. As AINP processes all application through the IRCC Express Entry program, it is advised that you make use of their web tool to find out if your children qualify for this change and what will be the requisite changes in your application. You can also fill out our free assessment form to find out about your immigration prospects.
|AOS Selection requirements (Applies to all candidates unless otherwise noted)||Effective April 1, 2019||Effective January 1, 2020||Effective January 1, 2021|
|Residency Status/Work Permit||No change||No change||No change|
|Occupation||No change||No change||No change|
|Language||Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) or Niveaux de competence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) 4||CLB/NCLC 5 for candidates working in NOC 0, A or B occupation. No change for NOC C or D occupations||CLB/NCLC 5 for candidates working in NOC 0, A or B occupation. No change for NOC C or D occupations|
|Education (for all applicants except Post-Graduation Work Permit Holders)||Minimum High School in Country of Origin||Minimum High School in Country of Origin||Minimum High School equivalent to Alberta standard|
|Education (Post-Graduation Work Permit Holders only)||Change in eligible Alberta post-secondary certificates/diplomas. If admitted and enrolled in Alberta program on or after April 1, 2019, must have post-graduate-certificate or diploma on the Alberta Opportunity Stream List of Alberta Advanced Education Approved Post-Secondary Credentials. No change to other eligible credentials (degrees and graduate level certificates/diplomas)||Change in eligible Alberta post-secondary certificates/diplomas. If admitted and enrolled in Alberta program on or after April 1, 2019, must have post-graduate-certificate or diploma on the Alberta Opportunity Stream List of Alberta Advanced Education Approved Post-Secondary Credentials. No change to other eligible credentials (degrees and graduate level certificates/diplomas)||Change in eligible Alberta post-secondary certificates/diplomas. If admitted and enrolled in Alberta program on or after April 1, 2019, must have post-graduate-certificate or diploma on the Alberta Opportunity Stream List of Alberta Advanced Education Approved Post-Secondary Credentials. No change to other eligible credentials (degrees and graduate level certificates/diplomas)|
|Work Experience (for all applicants except Post-Graduation Work Permit Holders)||No change||No change||No change|
|Work Experience (Post-Graduation Work Permit Holders only)||Eligible post-graduate certificate holders must show occupation/work experience is related to their prior post-secondary field of study outside Canada||Eligible post-graduate certificate holders must show occupation/work experience is related to their prior post-secondary field of study outside Canada||Eligible post-graduate certificate holders must show occupation/work experience is related to their prior post-secondary field of study outside Canada|
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is subject to change with the passing of time. Following are the streams, categories and initiatives that are expired and no further applications will be accepted for them:
- Employer-Driven Stream
- Strategic Recruitment Stream
Eligibility Requirements of the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program
The following is a set of minimum requirements which need to be fulfilled in order to qualify for immigration nomination through the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP):
- All applicants should have a job offer letter for full-time and/or permanent employment from an Alberta employer.
- All applicants are required to possess the basic work experience as required by the employer to qualify for immigration nomination.
- An applicant needs to attain the minimum scores necessary in IELTS or CLB examination to qualify for nomination.
- All applicants need to demonstrate their intention of living and working in Alberta.
- All applicants considered for immigration need to possess a legitimate work permit and also have other associated documents.
- Each applicant must identify their occupation as per the NOC categories _ O, A and B.
- Applicants must furnish documents validating their legal residence in their home country.
- Applicants need to attain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) confirmation letter.
If you want to live and work in Alberta,Canada Permanently , fill Our free Canada Assessment form and get free advice from our Experts Now!
Documents Required by Alberta Immigration for Confirmation
The Alberta Immigration authorities require any given immigration candidate to furnish them with several documents in support of their immigration bid. The documents required are subject to the specific stream through which the candidate is applying. Also, certain documents may need to be submitted by the employer of the candidate. The following is a list of documents required of skilled worker candidates before selection and entry into Alberta:
- All hiring Alberta employers as well as immigrating candidates will need to submit the Employer-Driven Application for a Skilled Occupation (AINP 005).
- Candidates will have to submit form (AINP 003) Employer-Driven Application for Nomination
- CIC forms
- CIC Work permit
- Valid passport and travelling documents
- Educational certificates (degree, diploma, and certificates)
- Work Related Reference Letters
- Language proficiency (IELTS, PTE, TOEFL etc.)
- Civil identity proof (age, name, date of birth must be mentioned)
To confirm your Eligibility for Alberta Immigration, fill our Free Canada Assessment Form and get Free Advice from Nationwide Immigration Experts!
Alberta Provincial Nominee Program Express Entry Process 2019
The process of getting the Provincial Nomination from Alberta is really simple. After having completed the abovementioned formalities, the prospective immigrant will receive an immigration nomination. This will add 600 CRS points to their profile and thus will virtually guarantee selection in the upcoming Express Entry draws. However, before the points are added to the immigration profile of a candidate, they will first need to create a profile and provide all the required information in order to complete it. Note here that this is a standard Express Entry application form fulfilment and follows the general procedure for the same. For those unaware of the Express Entry process, here is a general guide:
- Create an Express Entry profile online where you will have to provide certain information about yourself such as age, employment history, educational qualification, marital status, siblings/close relatives in Canada (if any) etc.
- For this, you will need to acquire an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to verify your educational qualifications. This is mandatory for both the Express Entry program and Alberta Immigration Nominee Program.
- You must also obtain IELTS exam scores which need to be at least at par with the minimum requirements of the Express Entry program. If English is your first language, then you must obtain a basic score of 7 CLB across the different segments of the IELTS exam i.e. reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- In case, French is your primary language, then you will have to give the TEF examination to qualify. Please visit the CIC website to know minimum qualification requirements for primacy in French for Express Entry. Also note here that while proficiency in one language is sufficient for qualification, extra points are awarded to candidates showcasing a proficiency in both languages. For those not getting selected in the Express Entry draws, it may be wise to boost their CRS score by learning both languages.
- After you have successfully created your profile and submitted it online along with relevant documentation. The IRCC will make a thorough assessment of your profile and thereafter assign a certain CRS score to it. This score will be the prime consideration for your immigration chances to Canada so it is advised that you do the utmost to maximize this score and thereby ensure selection for Canada immigration. Many immigration consultancy services provide free CRS score assessment services which can be availed to know CRS/PNP points rather than risk a rejection.
- Once you have been provided your CRS score, your profile will be ranked in the Express Entry candidate pool.Note here that even if you have a high ranking profile, your immigration selection will hinge upon the prominence of high ranking profiles. If there are many such profiles, then you may or may not receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA). In the event that you don’t, consulting an immigration specialist will be the best means of improving your profile and boosting immigration possibilities.
- When the Express Entry draws are announced (they are issued once every 15 days or so), you will be able to see whether your profile qualifies the minimum grade or not. If you have a provincial nomination, then you are most likely to automatically qualify for immigration. Nevertheless, it would be best to keep all other factors in mind as well when making the final application just to be sure.
Once all the formalities of the Express Entry and the Alberta Immigration Nominee program are fulfilled, the candidate will be able to apply for a Permanent Visa, following which they will be able to move to the country and start a new life.
Alberta Immigration Nominee Program Processing Time 2019
The processing time for the federal and state programs varies with each profile and is subject to a number of factors such as volume of applications received, concentration of information to be processed with each profile, documentation verification and associated procedures, related market variables and assessments etc. Any given profile will usually be processed within 7 to 8 months. However, the Canadian immigration authorities may take longer for verification and in that case it is best to be patient. Alternatively, you can approach a reputed immigration consultancy firm to speed up the immigration process by opting for the most streamlined and quick pathway to immigration.
Alberta PNP Occupation List 2019
Alberta is a prominent immigration destination in Canada thanks to its booming economy and diverse occupations. The following list will tell you which occupations are currently in demand in the province which you can apply for through the Express Entry program:
- Trades, Transport and Equipment Operators, and Related
- Unique to the Primary Industry (Oil and Gas)
- Sales and Service
- Business, Finance and Administrative
- Restaurant and Food Service Managers, Cooks, Attendants, and Kitchen Helpers
- Underground miners, oil and gas drillers and related workers
- Contractors and supervisors, trades and related workers
- Machinery and transportation equipment mechanics
- Heavy equipment operators
- Metal forming, shaping and erecting trades
- Finance and insurance clerks
- Retail managers, salespersons, sales clerks and cashiers
- Automotive service technicians
Want to move to Alberta? Let Nationwide Immigration Services guide you towards a successful immigration. Our experts will help you and your family secure a bright future in Alberta, one of the best places to live in the world. Complete our free assessment form to know more about your immigration prospects. Contact us today!
Alberta Provincial Nomination Program Points Calculator 2019
Just like the PNP points aggregator system of other Canadian provinces, the AINP uses a point-based selection pattern for all of its immigration streams. They also establish a set benchmark of points which must be qualified in order to become eligible for entry into Canada via the Express Entry and Provincial Nomination Programs. The average benchmark for qualification through these programs is 60 out of 100 points. Any given profile will be assessed on the following factors for immigration.
- Factor 1 – Education
- Factor 2 – English and French language ability
- Factor 3 – Work Experience
- Factor 4 – Age
- Factor 5 – Arranged Employment
- Factor 6 – Adaptability
As stated earlier, most reliable immigration institutions and firms offer free CRS and PNP points calculator services and it might be useful to obtain these to understand where you stand as far as immigration prospects are concerned.
Alberta PNP Application Fees 2019
Alberta is a well-known and highly regarded province in western Canada. It is considered one of the best places to immigrate to in the world and that is why the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program receives countless application from around the world. There is no actual cost of application for AINP. However, those applicants who get selected must pay the processing fee as per the requirements of the Express Entry program. Let Nationwide Immigration Services help you get the maximum out of your immigration application and ensure your successful immigration. Get in touch!
Why Choose Nationwide Immigration?
A renowned immigration consultancy and assistance firm in the world of international immigration, Nationwide Immigration Services has helped thousands of immigration hopefuls realize their dreams by helping them optimize their profiles and fulfil all the criteria required by immigration authorities for successful immigration. We provide proficient immigration services at very reasonable rates and are well known for dedicated involvement with each profile until selection is complete.
Choosing us to help you migrate to Canada or Australia virtually ensures that you will be able to move to your dream international destination without any hassles. We are committed to providing excellent immigration assistance and can also help deserving candidates in their job search. This comprehensive set of services makes us one of the best immigration consultancy firms in India. If you want to actualize you immigration aspirations, then contact us.