Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program Process 2019
Nova Scotia is one of the most well-known provinces of Canada. It has a booming a diverse economy fuelled by an ethnically diverse community comprising of immigrants from all over the world. There is a perpetual need in Nova Scotia of highly skilled professionals particularly from the service sector domains and this makes the province a prime smelting pot for the best and brightest in the world. There is innumerable learning, working and living opportunities to be availed in Nova Scotia if you are a talented individual with a desire to carpe diem – seize the day.
The Nova Scotia Nominee Program, or NSNP as it is often called, is the provincial equivalent of the national Canada Express Entry program. It has been devised to provide a steady stream of applicants with the right skills and abilities to properly fill up the skill gaps occurring in the states’ booming service sector. Being an immigrant friendly program with a simple system designed to facilitate entry through multiple stream/pathways, the NSNP is one of the most popular immigration programs not just in Canada but also in the entire world.
What is the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Process 2019?
The Nova Scotia Nominee Program is the province’s primary pathway to immigration for international applicants. As the first and foremost immigration platform for Nova Scotia, it is the equivalent of the Provincial Nomination Programs of other Canadian provinces like Quebec, British Columbia, Ontario etc. Similar to these programs it offers multiple pathways/streams to international applicants who want to come and live as well as work in Canada. One of the highlights of this program is that while it is meant for immigration to Nova Scotia exclusively, it can also substantiate an applicant’s Express Entry immigration bid by providing them with a Provincial nomination. So, upon receiving a nomination from Nova Scotia you could boost your overall Canada immigration bid and increase the likelihood of being selected.
Nova Scotia PNP Latest News 2019
Nova Scotia has released an update on the latest immigration related changes in their program. In the latest update, the province will welcome applications under their 2018-2020 call for proposals for Settlement and Job Fund Agreement. This is very exciting news for professionals who want to move to Nova Scotia as the abovementioned fund is directed towards helping working and worthy professionals move to Nova Scotia and find a suitable job in one of the provinces many service oriented industries. The fund also pertains to settlement of selected applicants and most likely will have a fund reserve to be attributed to the establishment of working professionals within the province. Need help in moving to Nova Scotia? Just sit back and let us do all the hard work for you. Nationwide Immigration Services can help your Nova Scotia immigration dreams come true. Fill out our free assessment form to get started.
What are the different NSNP Categories?
The Nova Scotia Nominee program offers a number of streams to professionals from all walks of life. Knowing which stream suits you best and understanding the parameters of application that go along with it is paramount for a successful application. The streams offered by NSNP are:
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream – This stream is meant for professionals whose occupation is presently in demand in Nova Scotia. Applications are made through the Express Entry program.
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry stream – This stream is meant for professionals who are already working in Nova Scotia or have experience of working their profession in the province.
- Skilled Worker Stream – This stream is geared towards highly skilled professionals who may not have a direct job offer from a Nova Scotia employer but are highly likely to get employed due to their skill set.
- Entrepreneur – This stream is meant for those immigrants who want to setup their business in Nova Scotia.
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream – This stream is meant for fresh graduates who want to continue living in Canada and wish to begin working in Nova Scotia.
What are the Minimum Requirements to be Eligible for the NSNP?
The different streams/pathways of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program have their own specific requirements to make applicants eligible for selection. However, there is also a general criterion which is followed and the deviations of each stream are woven around this overall requirement benchmark. These general requirements are:
- Your Occupation Should be in Demand
- Must be 18-49 years of age
- Should attain minimum 4.5 (IELTS) or 4 (CLB) score on language ability
- Must have 1 year of work experience in relevant occupational field.
- Must possess an equivalent qualification diploma/certificate to Canadian education system.
- Must demonstrate an intention to live in the Province of Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia PNP IELTS Requirements
The province of Nova Scotia mandates that all immigrants must have proficient knowledge of English which is the lingua franca of business in the province. The actual language proficiency requirements for moving to the province are the same as that of the Express Entry program. You will need to take the IELTS English proficiency exam and score at least a CLB 7 across all segments of the test i.e. reading, writing, speaking and listening. While you can certainly qualify with a CLB 7 score, you should try and get the maximum i.e. CLB 10 in order to distinguish your profile from others. Nationwide Immigration Service provides a range of professional immigration assistance and advice services including IELTS training, which can help you create a unique profile that will guarantee your selection. Fill out our free assessment form today to get started.
Which Professions Are in-Demand at Present in Nova Scotia?
Province of Nova Scotia has unveiled a new three-year pilot immigration program for immigrants with eligible job offer in any one of the targeted intermediate-skilled occupations. These targeted occupations/professions are targeted by the new Occupation in Demand Stream are in “high demand” in the local labor market of the province.
Now, this stream is open to eligible candidate with full-time permanent job offer from an eligible employer of the province in following two occupations categorized under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C:
- Nurses aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC Code: 3413)
- Transport truck drivers (NOC Code: 7511)
There are also other major requirements that candidates needs to fulfill. These requirements are as follows:
- Have one year of work experience related to the job
- Be in age group between 21 to 55 years of old
- Have minimum high school diploma
- Have the appropriate training, skills and/or accreditation for the job
- Prove language proficiency by scoring minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4
- Must Show enough financial resources in order to settle in the province of Nova Scotia
How Do I Apply to Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)?
The NSNP has a really simple process or application but it bears reminding that the applicant needs to be aware of all the requirements as given by the IRCC and NSNP authorities before sending the application through. A partially complete application will not be entertained. Firstly, it is important to know when to apply for nomination via the NSNP:
- You can apply for NSNP nomination if you are a skilled professional with relevant post-secondary education and sufficient paid work experience in your field. Most important here is to check if your profession is listed on the Nova Scotia NOC grid as in-demand. If it is then your chances of selection rise exponentially.
- You can apply for NSNP nomination if you are skilled professional who can show at least 1 year of full-time paid work experience in the last 10 years. Though it is not necessary to have your profession listed in the Nova Scotia NOC grid, it is a considerable advantage if the listing is present.
- You can apply for NSNP nomination if you are an entrepreneur with plans to settle in Nova Scotia and run a business in the province. You will need to submit a well-made, professionally thought out business plan along with your application so that the Nova Scotia authorities can assess its economic relevance and financial viability.
- If you are an international graduate who has spent at least 1 year of full-time study in a recognized institution in Canada, then you are eligible for application for PR visa under the international graduate category of the NSNP.
To confirm your Eligibility to migrate to Nova Scotia, Canada Permanently? fill our Free Canada Enquiry form and Get Free advice from Our Experts now!
Nova Scotia PNP Processing Time 2019
The NSNP application process is designed for simplicity and speed. Though the application process and pathway determines the time taken to completely assess the application, the average time taken to complete the process is between 3 to 6 months. The application itself goes through a two-step process in order to determine viability. The steps are:
Step 1: The first step is for you to fill out your Express Entry profile on the official IRCC website, compile all relevant documents and send them across to the NSNP authorities. Note here that while you need to complete all the immigration prerequisites, your prospective employer will have to do the same at their respective end in Nova Scotia. After this criterion is fulfilled you must submit the said documents. This can be done online or via post, the former being the swiftest method.
Step 2: The second step involves the NSNP authorities who will make a fair assessment of your application and will send you an invitation to apply for PR status if you are able to meet all the given criteria in addition to the presence of a demand for your requisite skills within the local Nova Scotia economy.
Please note here that all the required documents and information asked for in the online job profile are needed for a complete application. The NSNP authorities will not entertain an incomplete application and will issue no notice for the same.
Nova Scotia PNP Points Calculator 2019
A Provincial Nomination by Nova Scotia provided selected applicants the brilliant opportunity to move to the prominent Canadian province and begin a new life in one of the plushest places in the world. In order to qualify for this nomination program, you must score above 67 points in the assessment grid which takes into account several factors like age, occupation, educational qualification etc. Want to know how to immigrate to Nova Scotia? Fill out our online free assessment form and get started on living the Canadian Dream. Contact Nationwide Immigration Services today!
Nova Scotia PNP without Job Offer 2019
It is possible to move to Nova Scotia without a job offer. The NSNP or Nova Scotia Nominee Program has facilities for allowing entry of skilled individuals into the province without the need of a valid job offer from a Nova Scotia employer. Your occupation must, however, must be in-demand and fall in one of the three categories ‘O’, ‘A’ or ‘B’ as defined by the National Occupations Classification (NOC). The following is a list of occupations currently in demand in Nova Scotia: Want to move to Nova Scotia? Fill out our free assessment form to find out your chances of moving there. Let Nationwide Immigration Service help you make your Nova Scotia immigration dreams come true.
How to apply for Nova Scotia PNP Program?
Despite the fact that the Nova Scotia Nominee Program and the Canada Express Entry Program are amongst the easiest to understand of all immigration programs in the world, many applications are rejected for providing incomplete, inauthentic or irrelevant information to the immigration officers who make the initial assessment. This leads not only to delays but also decreases chances of immigration.
At Nationwide Immigration we offer professional immigration consultancy and application services to individuals from all walks of life. If you are a student or a working professional interested in moving to Canada, you could streamline your immigration process by taking our help. We will not only make sure your application goes through positively but will also provide sound immigration advice so that you are aware of every step of the process.Contact us today and watch as your aspirations soar to the skies.