Quebec Skilled Worker Program Requirements 2019
What is Quebec Skilled Worker Program 2019?
Quebec is one of the better known of Canadian provinces and a prime immigration destination for professionals all over the world. One of the main reasons for why it is such a popular destination for immigration is the convenient and skill oriented immigration system established by the Quebec state government. It works alongside the federal Canadian immigration system and is designed to provide a steady stream of skilled immigrants with PR status who can actively and consistently contribute to the local economy.
Do you want to move to Quebec in 2019? Are you looking to settle in Quebec, Canada with your family? Then let us help you decide. Nationwide Immigration offers some of the best Quebec immigration services in India. Highly-regarded and well-respected, our immigration services are all that you are going to need to make a successful application for immigration to Quebec or any other part of Canada in 2019. Fill out our free assessment form to get started. In the next segment, we are going to talk about all the policy changes that are going to take place in Quebec immigration in 2019 and how you can make the most of it all. Read on to know more!
The Quebec Skilled Worker Program was established to facilitate the entry of professionals into the Canadian state without the tedious hassle of a lengthy immigration process. The Mon Projet Quebec program was started by the Quebec government with this very idea in mind. It allows selected candidates to apply for the CSQ(Quebec Selection Certificate or Certificat de sélection du Québec). The process is usually conducted only and the Quebec authorities use secure servers to keep information confidential and transactions secure.
One of the most interesting aspects of the Quebec immigration program is that applicants need not necessarily have job offer to successfully immigrate to Quebec. Though applicants with job offer are naturally given a higher priority, applicants who can display a strong connection to Quebec, both commercially and domestically, are also given more than due consideration.
Quebec Skilled Worker Program Latest News 2019
USA Work Experience Valid in Quebec
Quebec Skilled Workers Program(QSWP) brought list of amendments of 1st August, 2018. The amendments well about the ranking and organization of the skilled workers for selection in the Quebec province of Canada.
As per the latest update, the ranking system will take into consideration the work experience in United States now. This amendment has made Quebec the first immigration system in Canada which will consider USA work experience while ranking the applicants.
Now, as per the latest update, there are two groups for classification under Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)
- Candidates who have a job offer or they are living in Quebec or meet particular criteria (like work permit of Quebec)
- Candidates who live outside Quebec
The marking criteria for the first and second group will be different from each other. The first group will take into consideration the age, Quebec diploma, Canadian or USA work experience, French language proficiency, other languages, education and adaptability in consideration. But, for the second group of people who do not live in Quebec, the scoring factors are age, Quebec diploma, Canadian work experience, training that Quebec has listed in-demand, French proficiency, other languages, education and adaptability. Both groups however, will consider skill transferability in points calculation.
The Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) is a popular provincial nomination program among Canada immigration hopefuls around the world. Recently, it was announced that the Quebec immigration authorities will be issuing an additional 5,000 new application vacancies. This declaration has brought about a positive response from immigrant communities in Canada as well as professionals around the globe. The applicants will be prioritized on a first-come, first-serve basis so it is advised to apply as soon as possible.
In addition, the QSWP nomination qualification criteria have been changed. For the preliminary phase, the minimum points required by an applicant has been raised to 43 points from 42 for single applicants, while for couples it is 2 points up from the previous 50. In the final phase, the base points score is 50 points for single applicants while it has been raised to 59 for couples. Want help in moving to Quebec? Fill out our free assessment form to get started right away.
Benefits of Moving to Quebec
There are several benefits to business professionals and skilled workers in moving to Quebec besides the obvious easy immigration process. They are:
- A healthy society with an ethnically diverse community providing an ideal culture and environment for raising a family.
- Those with PR status can avail the same social and healthcare benefits available to regular citizens from the Quebec government.
- Quebec offers scores of educational and employment opportunities with its diverse state economy.
- The PR processing time is one of the shortest and easiest among all Canadian provinces.
- It provides a swift method of entering Canada
- The province is one of the most highly rated among all top immigration destinations and comes with a special pollution-free tag
Minimum Requirements for Settling in Quebec
The following are the minimum requirements for applying for a CSQ and successfully entering into Quebec, Canada. Though the Quebec immigration process has been simplified for the benefit of migrants and hopefuls, it is nevertheless advised that you take the help of professionals when going through the particulars of the application and immigration process. Here is the list of minimum requirements:
- You should be above 18 years old at the time of application
- You should be proficient in English or French and be able to showcase the same through an IELTS or CLB score. (Note: for IELTS minimum score is 6 per band and for CLB minimum score is CLB 5)
- It would be ideal to have a job offer from a Quebec employer
- You should have the minimum work experience required within the past 5 years and must provide documented evidence of the same.
- Candidates will be required to have job relevant diplomas, degrees and certification and be required to submit the same to relevant authorities
- Candidates must also be able to show legal evidence of possessing enough funds to settle and sustain themselves in Quebec
Language Requirements for Immigration to Quebec
The IELTS and CLB are the two main tests accepted by the Quebec provincial government for English. In case you are a French speaker the French language Test d’évaluation du français (TEF) or Diplômed’études en langue française (DELF) are accepted by the Quebec immigration authorities. The minmum eligibility requirements for each test are as follows:
|Category||Minimum IELTS Score||Minimum TEFScore|
Note here that in addition to scoring the minimum prescribed minimum grade, the scores must not be older than 24 months at the time of application
Minimum Funds Required to Settle in Quebec
The provincial government of Quebec requires all applicants of the QSWP to showcase that they have the requisite of funds necessary to settle and support themselves and their families (if applicable) once they have immigrated. The following is the list of minimum funds required by the government to allow passage into Quebec:
|Number of Family members||Required Funds|
|1 adult and 1 child (under 18 years old)||$4,052|
|1 adult and 2 children (under 18 years old)||$4,574|
|1 adult and 3 children (under 18 years old)||$5,096|
|1 adult and more than 3 children under 18 years old||$522 per child|
|1 adult and 1 child (or more) 18 years old or older||$1,406 per child|
|2 adults and 1 child (under 18 years old)||$4,954|
|2 adults and 2 children (under 18 years old)||$5,347|
|2 adults and 3 children (under 18 years old)||$5,739|
|2 adults and more than 3 children under 18 years old||$393 per child|
|2 adults and 1 child (or more) 18 years old or older||$1,406 per child|
Documents Necessary of Immigration Application to Quebec
The Quebec government has released a list of documents necessary for immigration into the country. Every immigration applicant will need to substantiate their application with the following documents. Any lapse in the submission of documents will prompt a disqualification of the entire application and the candidate will have to submit a fresh application with the required documents. That is why it is advisable to make submissions with meticulous attention or take the help of professionals while making document submissions to the immigration process. Here is the list of documents required by the Quebec government to qualify an immigration application for further processing:
- Identity and Civil Status Documents: These documents are required by the government to ascertain the identity of the candidate as the native of their country and hold legal status there. Birth certificate, marriage certificate, ID Cards like voter ID, PAN Card, etc. are some of the documents which you can submit in order to fulfil this criteria.
- Occupational Background/Work Experience: These documents will sufficiently establish your previous work experience and your general field of occupation. Please note here that the minimum work experience required must be within the last 10 years from the date of submission.
- Travelling: All candidatesneed to possess and produce valid and legal travelling documents. Ideally applicants will submit copies of their visa and passpostissed from authorities in their native country and contain information like date of validity, expiry, date of issue etc.
- Proof of Language Proficiency: All applicants must submit a valid proof of language proficiency which is no older than 24 months at the time of submission of application. Note here that language proficiencies are also subject to employer requirements.
- Children Certificate: Candidate need to submit child birth documents, legal documents showing the birth date, name and parents name with authorised signature or stamp wherever applicable.
- Police Clearance Certificate: An important criterion for official clearance which ensures that the immigrant has not been involved in a crime in their native country. The certificate cannot be older than 6 months at the time of application and must have the candidates latest photographs attached with it.
Quebec Immigration Process 2019
The immigration process involves just two simple steps but these in themselves contain several sub-stages which need to be completed in order for further assessment. The steps are as follows:
Step 1 : In this step, you will first make your application to the Quebec immigration authorities. Following this they will verify the documents you have submitted. This may take up to 41 months to verify all documents and might also ask you furnish them with the original documents. Note here that it is advised that you understand how the points calculation system of the QSWP works to better substantiate your immigration application. You should also understand the high-demand occupation list and see if you qualify for one of these professions.
Step 2 : In this step, the Quebec authorities will issue you a CSQ which will allow you to officially migrate to Quebec and live there with your family. This preliminary phase may take up to 3 months to be completed. After this you can apply for a Permanent Resident visa.The federal government will issue you the PR visa and for this you will need to fulfil the given criteria as set by the central government and the IRCC. This process may take up to 9 months.
Quebec Skilled Worker Program Processing Times 2019
The Quebec skilled worker program is unique among the other PNPs of Canada in the sense that it has its own immigration criteria and does not rely on the federal skilled worker program of the Express Entry system to nominate its candidates. Consequently, its processing time is also different from the FSWP. The average time taken to process and application varies from region to region. However, processing can be done within 13 months after which applicants who are selected are issued a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ). Please note that the time mentioned above is only for the federal aspect of the immigration process and the time taken after issue of the CSQ will vary case-by-case.
Need help in moving to Quebec? Fill out the free assessment form of Nationwide Immigration Services to get a professional appraisal of your immigration chances. We’ll have you moving to Quebec quicker than you can blink. Contact us today! What is the eligibility criteria for the Quebec Skilled Workers Program(QSWP)? There are nine eligibility criterion for the Quebec region which are meant to calculate which skilled candidate will be able to flourish in Quebec region of Canada. In order to qualify the applicant should score at least 50 points on the potential immigrant’s grid of points and for those who apply with the spouse or common law partner should score at least 59 points so that they become eligible for the Quebec Skilled Workers Program(QSWP). The demarcation of these categories are as follows: Training – These points are for two categories – education (in which maximum 14 points are allotted) and areas of training (in which maximum 12 points are allotted). This category holds a total of 26 points. In the education category the candidate should hold at least secondary school certificate for selection in the Quebec Skilled Workers Program(QSWP) and the level of education should be obtained at least five years before applying for the Quebec Skilled Workers Program(QSWP).
The education points for the Quebec region can be understood as below:
|Education||Maximum 14 points|
|General High School Diploma||2 points|
|Vocational High School Diploma||6 points|
|General Post-Secondary School Diploma( Full time 2 years)||4 points|
|Technical Post-Secondary School Diploma( Full time 1 year and 2 years)||6 points|
|Undergraduate degree ( full time)||I year – 4 points 2 years – 6 years 3 years – 10 points|
|Master’s Degree||12 points|
The areas of Training are meant to understand which candidates are suitable for jobs in Quebec and for this the list of training is available to help the candidates determine the classification – Areas of Training (Maximum Points 12)
- Section A – 12
- Section B – 9
- Section C – 6
- Section D – 2
- Section E – 0
- Section F – 0
- Section G – 0
Work Experience (Maximum 8 points) The eligible candidates in this category for the Quebec Skilled Workers Program(QSWP) will include all paid and unpaid employment. However, the remuneration and internship candidate’s qualification should be determined in accordance with training and educational program. Job Experience Grid:
- Less than 6 months – 0 points
- 6 Months to 1 year – 4 points
- 1 to 2 years – 4 points
- 2 to 3 years – 6 points
- 3 to 4 years – 6 points
- More than 4 years – 8 points
Age (Maximum 16 points) Canada is keen to invited young and skilled candidates in the country who will have potentially long and prosperous careers in the province. The selection grid for this category is listed below –
- 18 to 35 years – 16 points
- 36-year – 14 points
- 37 years – 12 points
- 38 years – 10 points
- 39 years – 8 point
- 40 years – 6 point
- 41 years – 4 point
- 42 years – 2 point
- 43 years – 0 points
Language Proficiency (Maximum 22 Points) The Quebec region places huge importance om the knowledge of the French language and the candidate can score maximum of 22 points in this category. There are different proficiency tests which are accepted for this category. The attestation of standardized test results are not accepted from other organizations. French Knowledge test –
- CIEP: Test De Connaissance du Francis
- CIEP: Test de Connaissance Du Francias pour le Quebec
- CIEP: Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF)
- CIEP: Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF)
- CCIP-IDF: Test d’évaluation du français (TEF)
- CCIP-IDF: Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ)
- CCIP-IDF: Test d’évaluation du français pour le Canada (TEF Canada)
English Language test –
- Reading– CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (1 point)
- Writing– CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (1 point)
- Listening– CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (2 points)
- Speaking– CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (2 points)
Quebec Connection (Maximum 8 points) All those candidates who have spent time in Quebec or have a family member in the province are awarded 8 points in the selection factors. Having a family member can allot the candidate 3 points and stay in Quebec can provide 5 points. Family in Quebec-
- Spouse – 3 points
- Sibling – 3 points
- Parent – 3 point
- Child – 3 point
- Grandparent – 3 points
- Uncle or Aunty – 0 Points
- Nephew or Niece – 0 points
- Cousin – 0 points
Characteristics of Spouse (Maximum 17 points) The minimum required score for a candidate is much higher than the score that is required by a single candidate.
The list of marks for the spouse are as follows:
|Education||Maximum 4 points|
|General High School Diploma||1 point|
|Vocational High School Diploma||2 points|
|General Post-Secondary School Diploma( Full time 2 years)||1 points|
|Technical Post-Secondary School Diploma( Full time 1 year and 2 years)||6 points|
|Undergraduate degree ( full time)||I year – 1 points 2 years – 2 years 3 years – 3 points|
|Master’s Degree||4 points|
Spouse Areas of Training (Maximum Points 12)
- Section A – 4
- Section B – 3
- Section C – 2
- Section D – 1
- Section E – 0
- Section F – 0
- Section G – 0
Validated Job Offer (Maximum 10 points) There is a maximum of 10 points allocation in this category and the selection is based on the location of the job. The Validated Job offer Points grid is as follows:
- Validated Employment offers in Montreal areas – 8 points
- Validated Employment offer outside Montreal area – 10 points
Accompanying Children (Maximum 8 points) There is a maximum of 8 points allocation in this category and the selection is based as per the age grid:
- Per child under 13 years of age – 4 points
- Per child 13 to 19 years old – 2 points
Financial Self Sufficiency (Maximum 1 point) The candidates who meet the minimum settlement fund requirement for the Quebec region will get one point under the “Financial Autonomy” qualification category. It is mandatory to have one point to be eligible for the Skilled Workers Program. APPLY FOR THE PR STATUS OF CANADA THROGH QUEBEC SKILLED WORKERS PROGRAM What is the processing fee for Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)? The mandatory fee for applying to the Quebec Skilled Workers Program(QSWP) is as follows:
- Main Applicant: CAD $ 773
- Spouse or Common Law partner: CAD $166
- Dependent Children: CAD $166
A family of husband and wife and two children would like to pay of $ 1271 ($ 773 + $166 + $166 + $166) WHAT ARE THE WORK OPPRTUNITIES IN THE QUEBEC REGION? What are the recent developments related to Quebec region Immigration?
- As per the recent developments and speculations by the end of the year 2018, the Quebec Government will invite 49000 to 53000 immigrants in its domain. Under this schema maximum entry will be invited by the province after August, 2018 as prior to that only 5000 CSQ will be issued by the Quebec Province then in the last part of the year there will be a surge of immigrants for Canada.
- Further, the new immigration policy adopted by the province, “We are Quebec”, will attract foreign talent into the land. Through this policy, the Government of Quebec will also try to retain the immigrants who are there in Quebec on Temporary work visa and temporary study visas.
- Also, on March 28, 2018, the Quebec province introducing a selection process which will be based on the model of Express Entry program and the evaluation of the candidate from then on will be done on Point Measurement basis
How Nationwide Immigration Help you to get Permanent Resident Visa Quebec ?
Choosing Nationwide Visas as your Canada immigration experts will give you the benefit of having your immigration bid handled by professionals who are intimately familiar with the provincial and national immigration requirements. They will be able to guide you through all the stages of the process and ensure that your application gets the attention it deserves.
We have helped scores of professionals and students from all over the country make their immigration dreams a reality and thrive on delivering the very best consultancy to our clients. Contact us today to avail our expert immigration services.