USA Student Visa
Documents Required for F1 Student Visa Application
Student visa requires you to carry a lot more documents than you would for a tourist visa, by comparison. You need the mandatory documents along with supporting documents of financial and academic records. Make sure you refer to this checklist before going to the consulate for the visa interview.
- A valid passport with a validity date at least six months beyond your period of stay.
- Printed copy of DS-160, the online application form
- Interview appointment letter (original and copy)
- Form I-20 sent by the college (where you are going to study)
- Visa fees payment confirmation receipt
- Bank statement for at least three years showing that you have enough assets to pay for the first year (could be of parent or guardian)
- Pay slips
- Original mark sheets/provisional certificates
- Score sheet of exams like TOEFL, GMAT, IELTS, etc.