USA Tourist Visa
US Visa Requirements
Here are the required documents for a US visa:
- An online nonimmigrant DS-160 application form. You can file the form DS-160 here. However, you could use the services of a third-party company such as TravelAssist to assist you with filing this form.
- Your valid passport. It must be valid for at least six months beyond your planned stay in the United States. However, there are some countries that are exempt from this requirement only needing a passport that is valid during their period of stay in the United States. Your passport must have at least one blank page to be able to affix visa.
- One photograph. The US visa photo requirement is one of the main requirements for every visa you apply for. Upload the photo while you apply online through the DS-160 form. If the upload fails, you can submit the photo on the appointment day. However, we advise you that, even if you upload the photo online, to still bring it with you in case you need it during the interview.
- Receipt proving payment of $160 for a nonimmigrant US visa application. Differently from the European visa policy where you pay the fee at on the appointment day, for a US visa you need to pay the fee in order to be able to schedule an interview. Keep in mind that the US visa fee is non-refundable if you decide to cancel your appointment or if your visa application is rejected.
- Social media details. A list of the social media that you use, and the name
of your account in each, phone number, email and social media history of the five previous years.
Every document not written in either English or the official language of the country in which the interview will take place must be translated. Translations must be certified by a competent translator.