What is Subclass 491 Skilled Nominated visa
About Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa - Main applicant
With this visa you can
- Stay in Australia for 5 years from the date we grant you the visa
- live, work and study in a designated region of Australia
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
- apply for permanent residence, if eligible, through the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) – which commences on 16 November 2022.
Designated regional area
You and all members of your family unit who are also holders of the visa, will need to live work and study in a designated regional area (Most locations of Australia outside major cities (Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane) are classed as designated regional areas for migration purposes.) of Australia. Your nomination must not be withdrawn, or you will not be granted the visa.
How long you one can stay on this visa
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa has a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of visa grant.
You become a PR holder on the day we grant the visa.
For citizenship purposes, your permanent residency starts on the day:
a) visa is grant, if you are in Australia
b) you enter Australia on this visa, if you are outside Australia
You can include members of the family unit in your application. You can:
a) include them when you lodge your visa application
b) add them after you lodge your application but before we decide on your visa.
Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements. Family members not accompanying you to Australia might also need to meet our health and character requirements.
If your partner or dependent children are not included in this application, to assist us in processing your visa please tell us the reason why.
What is cost of Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated visa
Pl. contact your travel agent to know more about the cost of
Application fees of this starts from AUD4,045 for the main applicant.
The Visa Pricing Estimator does not include the second instalment or other costs.
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
From where can apply for Australia Subclass 491 Skilled Nominated visa
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide your application but not in immigration clearance.
What is the processing times for Australia Subclass 491 Skilled Nominated visa
These applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program
when can you travel to Australia under Subclass 491 Skilled Nominated visa
You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want for 5 years from the date we grant the visa. After 5 years you will need a Resident Return (RRV) visa (subclass 155 or 157) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.
When the visa label is endorsed on passport under Australia Subclass 491 Skilled Nominated visa
It is digitally link your visa to your passport. You will not get a label in your passport.