What is QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM ?
Quebec with its autonomy given by the federal has its own immigration programs for the skilled immigrants to use for permanent residence. Quebec is that the only province in Canada that has French as its official language, making it mandatory for immigrants to prove proficiency within the French language. There also are two other immigration programs for non-French immigrants.
Following are the various immigration programs through which you’ll move to Quebec as a PR:
- Quebec trained worker (QSW) – For skilled workers who want to use for permanent residence. you’ll be required to attain the minimum points required within the QSWP points assessment grid to be eligible under this program.
- Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) – This immigration program for temporary foreign workers or international graduates who have work experience in Quebec
- Quebec Investor Program – to use under this program, candidates must have a net asset of a minimum of 2 million CAD and therefore the ability to take a position a minimum of 1.2 million CAD with a Quebec financial intermediary.
- Quebec Entrepreneur Program – This immigration program is for knowledgeable businessmen who want to run their own business within the province or buy an existing business
- Quebec Self-Employed Worker Program – This immigration program allows certain self-employed workers to immigrate to Quebec and make their own jobs.
How to move to Quebec as a talented immigrant?
The Province of Quebec features a special agreement with the federal that permits them to possess their own rules and choose the skilled immigrants who meet those minimum requirements.
Now, to maneuver to the province of Quebec as a talented immigrant, you’ve got to follow two simple steps:
Apply to the provincial government of Quebec for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) –
Your application are going to be assessed by the Quebec immigration authorities on their eligibility criteria
CSQ certificate will show that province has accepted you as accepted as an immigrant
With the CSQ, you’ll now submit your application for PR Visa to the IRCC
If you’re applying without your spouse under QSWP, you’ve got to attain a minimum of fifty points and if applying together with your spouse, you’ve got to urge a minimum of 59 points within the QSWP points assessment grid.
What is the method for QSWP?
To apply through the Quebec trained worker Program, you’ve got to attain the minimum score required under the QSWP points assessment grid. Once you clear the minimum points requirement, you’ll submit your EOI through a web portal – Arrima. Quebec’s government will then invite immigrants to submit their application for CSQ.